Hi y’all! If you love pesto you’ll love this recipe, if you also love preserving your herb harvest this post is for you.
Before this summer I never how simple and fun making homemade pesto was. Even better if you have your own right outside your back door, am I right?
All you need is a food processor/blender and cute jar to stuff it in and you’re set.
- 3 C fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 C pine nuts
- 1/2 C organic olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/3 C grated Parmesan (fresh if possible)
- Clean off any bugs or dirt from basil and rinse under water if needed (pat dry)
- Add basil leaves, pine nuts, lemon zest & juice, garlic, and Parmesan cheese to food processor and blend until well incorporated.
- Drizzle in oil and let emulsify and blend in well.
- Voila! Pack your yummy pesto into a jar and store in your fridge.
Make this pesto with any and all varieties of basil you choose. So far I’ve done sweet, Thai, and cinnamon… lime and purple are next up. I even started more seeds and took a few cuttings for indoor winter basil. Add it pizza, pasta, toast or anything your heart desires.
Peace and Love,